Friday 16 August 2013

College Prep- WARNING THIS IS A LALALALALONG POST!

Ok so if you've read my info you'll see that as a career i want to do hairdressing. Last year i applied for the introduction to hairdressing and got knocked back for applying too late so that was a whole year wasted i suppose it gave me more time with the baby though so its not so bad. Anyway i applied again this year like really early in march or something. And got invited for an interview in june/july there were soooo many people there! Apparently 63 people had been invited for the interview process and only 18 places were available.. Eek!! (safe to say i pooed my pants when i heard that)
The first stage of the interview was a skills test wich was to put rollers in a manicans hair. I rocked it btw :D i got 1s in all the areas that gave me the boost i needed. :)
Then stage 2 was a written part wich was similar to filling out a job application i pretty much filled the box for every question and spilled over on some. So that went pretty well too.
Finally stage three was The Interview, It took forever for the tutors to get through so many applicants but 3rd to last i was interviewed. We talked about why i wanted to do hairdressing, if there was anyone who was pushing me towards it, what i can bring to the college etc just like a job interview but for college. I basically just said ive always had an interest in hairdressing i want to go on to own my own chain of salons and my own products. Ive applied before and will keep applying until im accepted and that im mainly doing it because its my dream but also so i can give my children the life i want to and im not going to sit around and wait for someone to hand it to me.
So that was pretty much the interview proccess done and then it was just a case of waiting to see if i got in. I was waiting for a couple of weeks and just thought i havnt got it there were so many applicants ive got no chance... A letter came from the college saying that they would like to offer me a place and i literally started jumping and singing mummys goin to coll-ege mummys goin to coll-ege na na na na Hay! Then connor joined in and it was a joyus moment to say the least!! :)
The next step was to reply to say if i accepted the place or not. So i signed in all the right places and hand delivered it so i knew it wouldnt get lost in the post. I didnt hear anything for a while and started to worry it was lost in the college but a quick phone call to the college set me straight. shortly after i recieved a letter for my induction date for september and the information to buy my kit and uniform. The kit costs around £113  & the uniform £44. Thats alot of money in my book but as my sister said its an investment in my future so i bought my kit wich will be delivered to the college and some extra clips and a brush set.



Cause theyre pink!! :D i also got myself some shoes from asda and have yet to buy my uniform but should be able to order that this week. I am soooooooo freaking excited the first step into my dreams has begun!!

Heres a picture of my brushes, clips and shoes will be sure to update when i get my hands on that kit and uniform :D eeeeeek :)



Have you started any prep for college or a new job?

Tell me about it in the comments id love to hear whats going on in your new academic year :)


Thanks for reading Hana xX

No comments:

Post a Comment